At last week's "hearing" held by Ed Martin's campaign for him to spread his bad information and bad ideas about health care, Crazy Eddie gave the audience a taste of what he'd like to work on in the U.S. Senate. Specifically, whether or not to use the federal budget debate as a pretext for ending Medicare as we know it.
It's wonderful to hear good stories about Medicare, but as someone said, we're all paying for it, and, uh, we really have to have a conversation about whether we can afford it in America.
This is a pretty shaky video, but you can hear Martin's words in this clip:
Really? There are certainly questions about how we'll afford to pay for Medicare in the coming decades? But whether we can afford Medicare? Yikes.
At the beginning of the clip, you can also hear Martin beating the drum on abortion with the Affordable Care Act. As we've written several times, these concerns have been dramatically overblown by Republican activist who would oppose the law and lie about it, no matter what it actually said. For more, check out:
- PolitiFact: Abortions in Pennsylvania paid for with federal dollars? Not so.
- PolitFact: Stupak revises abortion stance on health care bill, citing Obama's executive order
- PolitiFact: Walt Minnick attacked on abortion issues tied to Obamacare
- Fired Up! Ed Martin Also Saying False Things About Federal Abortion Policy
- Ed Martin Joins In On Euthanasia and Abortion Misinformation
For more on last week's Martin event:
- In which I explain who showed up for Ed Martin's dance
- I Don't Care What You Say, It Was A Great Night For Health Reform
- Ed Martin Forgets His Supporters, Claims People "Know How To Be Civil"
- Ed Martin, Bill Hennessey Hide in the Back of Their Own Forum: Schlafly Bolts!
- This Is What a Better Informed and Better Organized Movement Looks Like.
- Will someone please explain to Phyllis Schlafly what "socialism" means?