We know the following to be true:
- Peter Kinder announced he was running for governor in 2012 in February in Washington, DC, while attending the Conservative Political Action Conference
- When Kinder said that Republicans who witnessed the announcement firsthand were liars (even though they would have no reason to make up the story), two Politico sources said it was Kinder who was lying (because Kinder did have an interest in lying about the story)
- Kinder told gossip blogger/columnist Jerry Berger in December 2009 that he would be running for governor
- Berger reported this month that he asked Kinder again if he's running, and Kinder replied: "Yes...er, I’ll make a decision in six weeks, but don’t write that."
- Kinder has "confirmed to The Associated Press that he will not seek another term as lieutenant governor"
But still, Kinder would like reporters and the public to continue speculating about whether he'll run. "We're not done with all the evaluation process and fact-gathering," he says. Right.