For those of you keeping track of this sort of thing, Roy Blunt's appearance at "an exclusive VIP gala awash in stiletto heels and Dom Pérignon" on May 5 near his Northwest Washington mansion has been noted by all of the following DC media outlets:
- Washington Post, May 6: "With a VIP gala opening, Georgetown's Social Safeway is back on the market"
- Politico, May 6: "Social Safeway's Bubbly Fete"
- Washington Examiner, May 6: "Red carpet rolled out for 'Social Safeway' opening"
- CarolJoynt.com (columnist for New York Social Diary), May 6: "Georgetown Safeway Opens; Cristal and DP Flow Like Its Club 55"
- Washington Post, May 10: "The A-list has nothing on the Social Safeway grocery list"
- The Georgetown Dish, May 11: "Social Safeway Gala List -- the New A-List"
- Washington Life Magazine, May 12: "Social Shopping at the Safeway Gala"
- AmericaBlog, May 12: "Roy Blunt hearts the Georgetown Social Safeway..."
- Politco Daily Digest, May 26: "OUCH!"
- CQ Politics, May 26: "Oh, Roy, This Is Gonna Hurt"
- The Georgetown Dish, May 26: "Safeway Sighting of Missouri Congressman Goes Viral, With a Vengeance"
- The Washington Examiner, May 26: "Rep. Blunt gets flak for liking Social Safeway"
And the following Missouri publications:
- Blunt's Conspicuous Appearance At "Exclusive VIP Gala" Gets More Play In Hometown News Outlets
- Blunt Finds Time In Busy Schedule For "Exclusive VIP Gala" At Georgetown Supermarket
- Blunt Continues To Hold His Own In DC Society Pages
- Roy Blunt, Man of the People
- Four Million Reasons Why Roy Blunt Isn't The Consummate Washington Insider
- Abigail Blunt Named One of DC's "Top 50 Party Animals"
- Blunt Talked About Missouri's "Tough" Housing Market The Same Day He Sold His DC Homestead for $1.6M
- Blunt's $1.6M Georgetown Mansion for Sale
Image credit: The Georgetown Dish