Yesterday afternoon, more than four thousand workers, students, faith leaders and activists rallied at Kiener Plaza in Downtown St. Louis to show their disgust with state and federal efforts to roll back basic rights, gut the minimum wage and weaken the middle class so that the already wealthy can get even richer. For extensive coverage of the event, check out:
- KSDK: Organized labor rally at Kiener Plaza
- Beacon: Thousands of union workers turn out to protest 'corporate greed' and attacks on bargaining rights
- Show Me Progress: Rally against corporate greed
- Occassional Planet: Solidarity rally draws big St. Louis crowd
- KMOX: Pro-Union Forces Rally Downtown
It isn't clear if the Post-Dispatch covered the rally at all. Photos of the crowd and participants have been posted by Jobs With Justice, the AFL-CIO, Women's Voices Raised for Social Justice and others -- I've pulled together a few here.