- Position Held: Attorney General, 2009-present
- Party: Democrat
- Home City & County: Harrisonville, MO, Cass County
- Education: St. Louis University High School; University of Missouri-Columbia, 1987 (B.A) and 1991 (J.D. law); Washington University, 2002 (M.A. business administration).
- Previous Elected Office: Prosecuting Attorney of Cass Country,1994-2004; State Senate, 31st district, 2004-2008.
- Birth date & Place: August 31, 1964, St. Louis, MO
- Family: Single
- Occupation: attorney
- Work Experience: Assistant Attorney General, 1991-1993; Blackwell Sanders law firm, Kansas City, 1993-1994; Tim Dollar law firm, Kansas City.
On August 1, 2007, Koster made Missouri political history when he announced that he was leaving the Missouri Republican Party and becoming a Democrat. Citing his longstanding differences with the GOP on issues like stem cell research, workers’ rights, and the non-partisan court plan, Koster said that the Missouri Republican Party had become too beholden to the extreme right-wing to lead the state of Missouri forward.
Last Updated 01/08/10