- Position Held: No political office currently.
- Party: Republican
- Home City & County: Chesterfield, MO
- Education: Kirkwood High School, 1973; Washington University, St. Louis, B.A. political science; University of Chicago Law School, juris doctor, 1981
- Previous Elected Office: Missouri House, 1984-1992 (served as Minority Leader during last two terms); U.S. House of Representatives, 2nd district, 1993-2001; narrowly defeated for Governor, 2000, by democratic State Treasurer Bob Holden. Narrowly defeated Sen. Jean Carnahan for U.S. Senate, 2002. Defeated for re-election to the U.S. Senate in 2006 by Democrat State Auditor Claire McCaskill.
- Birth date & Place: October 18, 1956, Des Peres, MO
- Family: (Wife) Brenda, an attorney; children: Katie, Chrissy, and Michael
- Religion: Presbyterian
- Occupation: Attorney
- Work Experience: Law clerk to Judge Richard A. Posner of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit; adjunct professor, Washington University Law school; Washington lobbyist, Arent Fox.
Copyright 2005-2013, Fired Up!, LLC