- Position Held: State Representative 156-district, Missouri, 2001-2009. Speaker of House, 2005-2009.
- Party: Republican
- Home City: Marble Hill
- Birth Date and Place: September 9, 1967; DeSota, MO
- Family: Divorced from Cassandra (Cassie) James (1988-October 2009); three children, Callie, Elaine, and Will.
- Education: Charleston High School, 1986; Southwest Baptist University, Bolivar, MO, 1990 (B.A. history and political science);
- Religion: Methodist
- Military: Served four years as an infantry officer in the U.S. Marine Corps.
- Occupation: Jetton James Real Estate Company
- Work Experience: Field coordinator for Congressman Bill Emerson; elected Bollinger County Commissioner, 1996; created Commonsense Conservative Consulting
On December 7, 2009, Jetton was charged with felony assault related to an incident that occurred on November 15, 2009 in which Jetton allegedly "recklessly caused serious physical injury" to an unnamed woman.
According to the complaint Jetton met the woman, with whom he had not had a relationship before, to have sadomasochistic sex. He is accused of “hitting her on the head and choking her, resulting in unconsciousness and the loss of the function of a part of her body” during the encounter Nov. 15 and 16, 2009, in Sikeston, Missouri. The two had according to the complaint agreed to use a safe word of “green balloons.” Jetton is accused of telling the woman the following morning, “You should have said ‘green balloons.’"