- Office Held: U.S. Congressman, 7th district, 1997-to present
- Party: Republican
- Home City & County: Washington, DC; Previously Strafford, Missouri in Greene County
- Education: Southwest Baptist University, 1970 (B.A. in history); Missouri State University (M.A. in history)
- Previous Elected Office: Greene County Clerk, 1973-1984; Secretary of State, 1984-1993.
- Birth Date & Place: January 10, 1950; Niangua, Missouri
- Family: Wife (1) Roseann, 1967-2002 (divorced); 3 children: Matt (former governor); Amy Blunt Mosby; and Andrew; 5 grandchildren; and (2) Abigale Perlman, 2003, one adopted son, Alexander.
- Religion: Baptist
- Occupation: Teacher, college administrator
- Work Experience: President, Southwest Baptist University, Bolivar, 1993-1996.
- Percentage in 2008 Election: 68% against major opponent Richard Monroe
- Named one of the most corrupt members of congress
- Blunt was House Majority Leader for four months, (2005-2006),following House Majority Leader Tom Delay’s resignation following a criminal indictment in Texas. Blunt served until John Boehner was elected.
- Blunt served as House Republican Whip, 2003-2009 and a Majority Whip during 2003-2007. He is currently a candidate for the Republican nomination for the U.S. Senate to replace retiring Christopher “Kit” Bond.
Copyright 2005-2013, Fired Up!, LLC