- Position Held: Chair, Missouri Democratic Party
- Other Elective Office:Missouri State Auditor, 2007-2010, St. Joseph City Council, 1998-2000; Buchanan County Auditor, 2000-2006
- Party: Democrat
- Home City: St. Joseph, MO
- Birth Date and Place: July 5, 1959; St. Joseph, MO
- Family: Divorced; Children: Amanda, Andy, Austin
- Education: Bishop LeBlond High School; Drury College, accounting, 1985; University of Missouri-Kansas City Law School, juris doctor with distinction, 2000.
- Religion: Episcopalian
- Occupation: CPA; Attorney
More: In 2006, Montee sought and won election as Missouri State Auditor, defeating her Republican opponent, Sandra Thomas. Her win came with 52.8% of the vote compared to Thomas's 43.4% and others with 3.8%. The seat was vacated by Claire McCaskill in her successful run for the U.S. Senate seat from Missouri. Montee is the first state auditor in Missouri history who is both a CPA and attorney.
During the Democratic presidential primary of 2008, Montee was an early endorser of Barack Obama for the Democratic nominee for president