It's obviously hard to pack a lot of information into a 30-second TV spot, but Crazy Ed Martin manages to explain very little about his record of unethical leadership and wasting of taxpayer dollars in his first TV spot. Apparently, Ed's creation of the SaveAB.com website (but not his misuse of said website) and the fact that his family prays before dinner are his main qualifications for office (this footage was presumably filmed before Barry Soetoro and Russ Carnahan shut down his ability to talk with God).
But honestly -- couldn't Ed have mentioned any of the following facts about his public record in his first commercial?
- He "orchestrated a taxpayer-funded character assassination unlike anything ever seen before in Missouri government"
- He was fired or resigned in an intentionally confusing manner by former Governor Matt Blunt after intense criticism about how he handled the firing of Scott Eckersley
- His tenure as President of the Missouri Roundtable for Life, which filed an obscene number of ballot initiative petitions that wasted taxpayer resources and never came close to making it on the ballot
- His frivolous lawsuit with the Roundtable, which Martin himself described as a "nuisance" suit; the judge in the case said Martin's "arguments of conspiracy and constitutional violations fail as a matter of law, are without merit, and rise to the level of being frivolous."
- His discovery that SOS Robin Carnahan is "The Devil"
- His sad track record of gleefully spreading false information in the federal health care debate
- His service as President of the American Issues Project, which ran TV ads last year playing up connections between Barack Obama and William Ayers
- His work with a bunch of extremists to cofound of the St. Louis Tea Party
Voters need to know what an Ed Martin is Congress would be all about! Perhaps Ed's plan is to bring up all of this closer to Election Day.