Last week, a great group of St. Louis area activists decided it might be fun to attend a health care "hearing" put on by Ed Martin's Senate campaign. Joined by fellow luminaries Peter Kinder, Phyllis Schafly and Bill Hennessy, Ed was expecting a platform to distribute the same tired lies, bad information and bad ideas about the federal Affordable Care Act.
But equipped with facts and an actual interest in policies that expand access to affordable health care, the progressive activists effectively out-hustled and embarrassed Martin at his own event.
Crazy Eddie was clearly caught off guard by the progressive activists' attendance and questions. Immediately after the "hearing," he attempted a lame ACORN smear, but then abandoned that line of attack the next day when he praised the crowd for their civil discussion.
- In which I explain who showed up for Ed Martin's dance
- Ms. Schlafly takes on "Obamacare"
- I Don't Care What You Say, It Was A Great Night for Health Care Reform
- Ed Martin and Bill Hennessy Hide in the Back of Their Own Forum: Schlafly Bolts!
- Pregnancy As a Preexisting Condition? Not Under the Affordable Care Act!
- Ed Martin Forgets His Supporters, Claims People "Know How To Be Civil"
- Women's Voices Members speak out at Health Care Forum